Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ah, a fast food burger.

Yesterday when my husband came home from work he said, "Get your stuff we are going for a drive." He had been craving a hamburger for weeks. There is a McDonald's about 15 minutes to the south of us, but my husband prefers Burger King. I quickly got on the internet and looked up what is GF at both restaurants. I was surprised to find out that BK had a better GF menu than McDonald's. I was shocked to find out that McDonald's Southern Style Crispy Chicken Breast Fillet has wheat in the seasonings they put on it. So the Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad that I thought was safe isn't.

We decided to go to Burger King which is not quite an hour to the west of us. I have not quite recovered from all the salads I ate when we were preparing to move 6 months ago so I ordered a Whopper with cheese without the bun. The ladies at the counter were great. They put it in what I assume is a side salad container topped with all the fixings they would have put on the burger (sans the condiments, but they were easy enough to add). The first bite was a reminder of simpler days. I don't know why I let all those people who bad-mouthed having to have their hamburgers bun-less keep me from enjoying one. It was a great drive.

2 comments:

  1. If you ever come West go to In-N-Out. They will do your burger anyway you want it and have a funny name for it, including but not limited to with a hole in the middle for the extra ketchup - a Volcano burger - I kid you not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked up In-N-Out and there are 5 we could hit on one of our trips "up north". We just might have to stop by one and see what they have.

    ReplyDelete