Monday, March 7, 2011

To Tortilla or Not to Tortilla?




Tonight we had tacos for dinner. This is what my taco looked like:

I have yet to find tortilla shells that I actually like eating. I have tried some teff tortillas which tasted more like flavorless crepes. I bought some brown rice tortillas but they went moldy in the freezer before I even got a chance to use them (two different times this happened, I'm not wasting any more money). So in my tacos I use Lightly Salted Frito's. Regular Frito's are just too salty. I hope that the Lays company keeps making them. They only became available recently (within the last year). In fact I had to ask my local grocery store if they would stock them. I originally found them when we lived "up north". The sleepy little town where we now live doesn't have much variety and to get them I would purchase them in bulk when we would go "up north".

I have not given up, but for now the answer is: not to tortilla.

2 comments:

  1. Do you not like corn tortillas? Or do they use some wheat flour in them as well as the corn? That would be a little disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I tried corn tortillas because I haven't had much success with them. They kept breaking. Recently I heard a tip on how to warm them with out them breaking. I was watching a cooking show on TV and the chef said to wrap the tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave them for a minute. The next time I go grocery shopping I think I will look for some and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete