Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fettucine Alfredo Recipe

While visiting my sister, we made this fabulous recipe that was adapted from "On Cooking". "On Cooking" is the textbook from the culinary arts class I took in college (I have the second edition). It is a great resource. It has information on just about anything you want to know about cooking basics in it, but since it is a textbook it is fairly expensive. Sorry there are no pictures to go with this recipe.
  
Fettuccine Alfredo

1 pint cream
1/2 cube Butter/Margarine
4 oz Parmesan Cheese (2oz Parmesan, 2oz Romano - optional)
1 Tbsp Cream Cheese
1 tsp garlic (or 1 glove garlic)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and simmer until thick, stirring often. Serve over Fettuccine Noodles. 

Optional sides are: Chicken Breasts cooked with garlic, Mushrooms sauteed in butter, Tomatoes sauteed in butter, Bell Peppers sauteed in butter, Garlic Bread, Mixed Vegetables, Salad.

3 comments:

  1. Just a warning: if you use real grated cheese, you need to watch the temperature at which you cook the sauce. If the sauce gets too warm the cheese will curdle. To avoid this you can either add the cheese after the sauce has thickened partially or you can use the Parmesan/Romano cheese out of the can. (I hate it when I notice typos after the comment is posted.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pasta dressings you have my dear.
    Do potatoes have gluten?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I ever mentioned that my husband is a pasta lover??? That's probably why I started getting so sick after we were married.

    No, potatoes don't have gluten. In fact potato starch and potato flour are commonly used in GF foods.

    ReplyDelete